Safety is important when using scaffolding. Even though the cost and options for scaffolding hire is different for every company, safety rules set when scaffolding are the same for every company. The safety rules are set to ensure everyone is safe during scaffolding. Some of the most important but basic rules include;
* If you are using scaffolding hire in Glasgow, make sure you have a scaffolding expert. The expert should oversee the installation of the scaffold. If you do not have an expert with you, get a foreman who is well conversant with the scaffold. Their experience should include but not limited to operation and safety measures.
* Make sure that everyone operating the scaffolding or working near it has put on a safety helmet. It is not possible to tell when objects will fall from high places and hurt your head, so you should always protect your head.
* Be very careful not to overload the scaffold. An overloaded scaffold is unstable. If you overload it, it’s dangerous and may be a source of health hazard to the people on the site.
* For added safety, make sure the scaffolding hire in Glasgow comes with ladders, toe boards, and quad rails. The items can be used as access points or as emergency exits when the people operating it are slip or are about to fall.
* After you erect the scaffold, examine it to ensure it is properly set up before using it. When you start to use it, ensure that all people around have their protective gear and any unnecessary load like heavy equipment are removed from the platforms any time they are not in use.
Check-It Scaffold Services places safety before everything else when it comes to scaffolds. Our experts not only know the safety rules, but they follow them for the safety of everyone.